Monday, January 10, 2011

Chasing Hope

So, what's with this whole "PTSDruids" thing?

Well, this is where my brother and I come to write about our experiences as we grow and recover together as we walk ADF's Dedicant's Path together. We both had pretty horrific childhoods and ... well, when you hurt kids that young, Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder is pretty well guaranteed and neither of us is an exception to that.

Trying to live, work, play, grow, worship and heal while living under the same roof is a challenge in the best of times. My husband is a saint for putting up with such a dysfunctional wife and brother-in-law and a neurotic cat all living in the same, smallish two bedroom apartment.

All of that said, we both feel extremely blessed to have each other as we work through this together.

I'm sure you'll be getting to know the two of us much better in coming days, so I'll leave this here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment